Thursday, March 24, 2011

She's a Maniac, Maniac! Why Skinny Girls SHOULD Work Out.

There are those that believe working out is merely for meat-heads and/or overweight people. It is this same set of people that shake their heads with a knowing smile or bug out their eyes incredulously when a skinny girl says "I really need to work out."

I'm here, with my sister and mother, to let those people know: we have made a new commitment to ourselves and our health. Exercise is good for everyone, even the weight-gain challenged!
Working Out is not to "stay/get skinny." Working Out is to stay/get HEALTHY.

Top Reasons Skinny Girls Do Not Exercise:
  • See incredulous reactions above.
  • They are told, "you are already skinny, you don't need to work out."
  • They think, because they are thin, they do not have body fat.... Soooo wrong!
  • They are too lazy and think that it won't change the way they look, so what's the point?
  • A Dumb Gym teacher in high school tells them to stop working out, that are anorexic and will never be able to have babies. (I know you're thinking "What the?!" but it's a true story).
  • They think they will always be skinny.

Top Reasons why Skinny Girls SHOULD Work Out:
  • Good for heart health
  • Brings more oxygen into your body, (more circulation, better oxygen flow).
  • Rids the body of toxins through sweat, therefore good for your skin!
  • Increases circulation through the body, therefore good for your skin, brain, limbs, etc.
  • Strength and muscle tone!
  • Exercise is proven to lift your mood! Depression and mood swings are lessened!
  • Um... how do I put this... healthy "relations" with your spouse. :)
  • What good is being skinny if you are sick all the time and can't even lift a grocery bag without getting shaky?!
  • Just DO it! You will feel SO much better!

7 comments:

  1. Love this!!! It is so true. I have never been on the "skinny" side but it is very important for all to get exercise and eat healthy! We only get 1 body! We need to take care of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH M! I love this post!!! So funny! So True! I WANNA JOIN the Challenge! :) I have worked out maybe a handful of times since I stopped cheering!
    P.S. I LOOOOVE THE PIC!!! :)SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.S. I DIDN'T watch the video until after my last comment... LOVE IT EVEN MORE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BAHAHAHA YES! i love it i love it! :) power to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I fainted at school cuz I was sick. Nurse said "When was the last time you ate, you shouldnt starve yourself because it isnt heathy." I know exatly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol it still is Ree, G, and lil T!! I wish I was there to be a maniac with my sissers. Tan looks like Wednesday from the adams family lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this too! and I feel the same way even skinny people need to workout and be healthy! way to go girls, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete