Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy I'm Proud to be Irish Day!

Yay for St. Patrick's Day!

Bunratty Castle 2009
I hope everyone had a beautiful day, with "visions in green" and a general lack off obnoxious pinching! :)
Greg and I went up to eat at the Irish Embassy pub in Durango and, my oh my, what a party! We thought that by going early we would miss the drunken crowd....not so correct... apparently everyone takes off early for the party. sláinte!  Luckily, I got past the leaning-on-me-while-greg-was-in-the-bathroom-drunk guy, ate my shepherd's pie and chocolate-stout cake (YUM), and still got home by 9:30 (YAY).

I know I already have Irish blood in me from my mom's biological donor (Mahoney), but I'm super proud to have married into the McManus family and to carry an obviously irish name. :) 
Can't wait to go back to Ireland with Greg and his parents in September! I love the people, the countryside, the country-pride. Amhrán na bhFiann !


Cliffs of Moher 2009


"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face
and the rain fall soft upon your fields.
Til we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand."

Killarney 2009

2 comments:

  1. awww :) that made me feel happy inside :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! top of the mornin' to ya - even though it's not morning hahaha just sounded like an irish thing to say.

    ReplyDelete