Thursday, April 14, 2011

Freedom!



Sooo... BIG news.
I turned in my notice at work and my official last day at Reliance is the end of this month.
{GASP}
AND... Greg and I are going to Hawaii next week!!
{GASP GASP}

I have to admit, I'm kind of freaking out about the whole jobless situation.
Not only have I always had a job {different places of course} since I was sixteen, but I've been at Reliance for about 6 years.
Greg and the rest of my family think it's a good thing... finally taking a break from the stress of working in a family-owned business.
{not being able to just let it go and leave everything at work}

I'm freaking out about the fact that I won't be earning my own money,
 I'll be completely dependant on someone else,
I'll be spending someone else's money,
{haven't gotten used to the whole "it's OUR money" thing yet},
and I get to become 'me' again without being so busy I forget who I really am.
{Scary stuff} :)

I'm seriously looking forward to this long-awaited Hawaii Vaca and hoping that it will help me gain some ground where I was previously floundering.
Time to take a deep breath and jump into ME again. :)
Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. SO FUN! I'm super jealous! I am the complete oposite I can't wait for the day that I don't need to work! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Freedom in general may be defined as the absence of obstacles to the realization of desires”.
    FLY BE FREEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Proud of you for being brave. Love mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to early retirement! lol Now you can focus on your cute lil crafts and have fun all the time. At least you have Greg to back you up :) Have fun and enjoy it sisser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm pretty jealous that you'll be jobless hahaha and even more jealous that you're in hawaii! kiss a baby seagull for me !

    ReplyDelete